Influenza cases have been confirmed in multiple Arizona counties.
All eligible individuals aged 6 months or older should be VACCINATED as soon as possible.For a list of influenza vaccine clinics visit https://www.stopthespreadaz.org.
The best way to prevent flu and other respiratory diseases is to:
- Get vaccinated against the flu
- Wash hands often
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover your cough and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Stay at home if you are sick
For questions regarding the 2015-2016 flu vaccine, call your local health agency or the Arizona Immunization Program Office at (602) 364-3630. Influenza vaccine recommendations are available at https://cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/acip-recs/index.html. For more information, visit https://azdhs.gov/flu or https://cdc.gov/flu.