The purpose of the Advance Practice Advisory Committee is to provide recommendations to the Board on issues involving Advanced Practice.
The Goals are:
- Clarify and articulate regulatory sufficiency of the four Advanced Practice roles and recommend changes to the Nurse Practice Act and rules.
- Develop recommendations for Advisory Opinions related to Advanced Practice Nurse functions.
- Review national trends in the regulation of Advanced Practice and make recommendations to the Board.
- Evaluate the APRN Model Compact and make recommendations to the Board its impact on the APRN regulatory process.
- Collaborate with other Board committees on matters of mutual interest.
The Advanced Practice Committee meets in the AZBN Board room located at:
1740 W Adams St, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Wednesday, February 6th, 2019 @ 1pm
Wednesday, May 29th, 2019 @ 1pm
Wednesday, October 23rd, 2019 @ 1pm
CALL FOR MEMBERS
The Advance Practice Committee is currently recruiting advanced practices nurses who are interested in volunteering to serve on the Advanced Practice Advisory Committee for a two-year term beginning June 2019 through June 2021.
Advanced Practice Advisory Committee
Randy C. Quinn, MSN, CRNA, Board Member
Janeen Dahn, PhD, RN, MSN, FNP-C
Carol Bafaloukos, DNP, WHNP-BC, FNP
Download the most recent Meeting Agenda for the Advanced Practice Committee. Agendas will be posted at least 48 hours before the meeting and will remain until the next agenda is posted.
Download the meeting minutes from the Advanced Practice Committee meetings.