Next Committee Meeting Day and Time:
Download the most recent Meeting Agenda for the Advanced Practice Committee. Agendas will be posted at least 48 hours before the meeting and will remain until the next agenda is posted.
The purpose of the Advance Practice Advisory Committee is to provide recommendations to the Board on issues involving Advanced Practice.
The Goals are:
- Clarify and articulate regulatory sufficiency of the four Advanced Practice roles and recommend changes to the Nurse Practice Act and rules.
- Develop recommendations for Advisory Opinions related to Advanced Practice Nurse functions.
- Review national trends in the regulation of Advanced Practice and make recommendations to the Board.
- Evaluate the APRN Model Compact and make recommendations to the Board its impact on the APRN regulatory process.
- Collaborate with other Board committees on matters of mutual interest.
The Advanced Practice Committee meets in the AZBN Board room located at:
1740 W Adams St, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Wednesday, February 19, 2020 @ 1pm
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 @ 1pm
Wednesday, October 21, 2020 @ 1pm
Advanced Practice Advisory Committee
Carmen Hill-Mekoba, DNP, AGNP-BC, Board Member
Janeen Dahn, PhD, RN, MSN, FNP-C
Carol Bafaloukos, DNP, WHNP-BC, FNP