The Arizona State Board of Nursing Education Committee is seeking qualified applicants for the Education Committee, a subcommittee of the Arizona State Board of Nursing. The Education Committee makes recommendations to the Board on matters related to the education of Arizona nurses. Members include academic educators and healthcare facility leaders involved in the education of advanced practice nurses, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and nursing assistants.
Ideal Candidates are individuals with:
- Knowledge of the Arizona Nurse Practice Act.
- Knowledge about trends in education, nursing workforce needs and teaching methods.
- Familiarity with the Education Pages of the AZBN website.
- Experience as an educator in an academic or practice environment.
- In-depth knowledge of program curriculum development and evaluation.
- Interest in evidence-based regulation.
- Ability to attend meetings at the Board offices in Phoenix for 4-5 hour meetings 5x a year.
Typical duties of Committee Members include:
- Acting in accordance with the Arizona Open Meeting Laws.
- Reading and analyzing materials distributed before each meeting.
- Participating in the committee’s deliberations/work.
- Promoting awareness within their program/agency of the committee’s work.
- Participating in ad-hoc committees as needed.
- Qualified individuals can serve (up-to) two 3-year terms on the Education committee.
2024 Board Activities
- Review and revision of Education pages of AZBN website.
- Update annual report format and data collected.
- Review and make recommendations to update AZBN rules/ statutes.
- Review and update advisory opinions.
- Review site visit content and processes.
- Review program application content and approval processes.
- Develop a regulatory agenda for evidence-based regulation.
Persons interested in serving on the Education Committee should contact Shannon Bitza at [email protected] by March 15th.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have questions.